Okay, so I have had a few requests from some friends and family on what the secret is to loosing weight and getting in-shape. Someone suggested I make a blog and include pictures to use a motivation for other people.
Here we go!
DO NOT LAUGH TO HARD AT MY BEFORE PIC :)
I will let you know what I have done in the past 2 months. My awesome wife Gabby started working out before I did and got me motivated. I thank her for that!
I can not speak entirely for Gabby as she has her own routine ;) She will have to go into detail later if any of you ladies are interested.
HERE IS MY STORY
This is a picture of me on May 20th 2010. Only 2 months ago. I was not too impressed with myself.
May 20th, 2010
Gabby was starting to look awesome and fit. I ..... well .... not so fit.
So I researched a little.
It all started with two tips I heard.
DIETING
Tip(1) Having nice abs is 10% exercise and 90% diet.
Now, first of all, I hate diets. I thought, this will not work for me. Then I ran across some tips online about dieting. It taught that dieting doesn't have to mean cutting out all of the foods that you enjoy ;) Okay, so now I'm interested.
Tip(2) Eat 5-6 small meals per day. Eat in portions that are equal and not larger than the size of your fist.
Eat only when you are hungry. Don't eat until you are full, only until you are no longer hungry.
One important factor that I add to this is trying my hardest to refrain from eating anything after 7pm ;)
EXERCISE
There are many ways to exercise, burn calories, and put on muscle. I will let you know what I do.
*5-6 days a week i run 3-6 miles in the morning before I go to work.
DAY 1
*Morning- Run 3-6 miles
*Evening- 2 different Bench Presses (3 sets of 10)
3 sets of curls
Wide arm pull ups (3 sets of 10)
Chinups (3 sets of 10)
Dips(3 sets of 10)
Pushups (3 sets of 10)
Fast repetitions (30 seconds in between reps)-- I do 3 to 6 of these things depending on time.
DAY 2
*Morning- Run 3-6 miles
*Evening- 15-30 Minute Abs (I use AbRipperX)
DAY 3
*Morning- Run 3-6 miles
*Evening- Shoulder Shrugs (3 sets of 10)
Shoulder Press (3 Sets of 10)
Squats (3 Sets of 10)
Calves (3 sets of 10)
Dumbell butterflies (3-10)
DAY 4
*Morning- Run 3-6 miles
*Evening- Ab Ripper X (15 minutes
DAY 5
*Morning - Run 3-6 miles
*Evening- Core Synergystics (P90x) 1hour
Or Plyometrics (Jump Training DVD P90X)
So I know that is not much detail but that is basically what I do. These are the basic routines I do. It really doesn't take up too much time of my day. 1/2 hour in the morning before work(everyday) and 1/2 hour to 1 hour(every other day) in the evenings right after work and before dinner.
I am still learning about this and need to work on exercising and gaining more strength in my back. If anyone has additional tips feel free to add them in the comments ! What do you do to stay in shape :) ? One thing I know is I may loose a little sleep but being in shape gives me more energy.
May20th, 2010
I have no comments ;)
JULY 13th, 2010
Stay tuned for more ideas and tips as I continue learning and growing. We will see about finding before and after pictures of Gabby in the next month or two to share. I believe she is at 35lbs lost ;)


You look great!!! Oh my gosh I just can't believe it...Oh my gosh!
ReplyDeleteGeez Meneez! Big change in a little time. Nicely done Scott! You're an inspiration. - Kim Simpson
ReplyDeleteThanks ;) Its all thanks to my wife getting me motivated! Excercising is a stress relief and it feels good to do after sitting at my work computer 10-11 hours a day!
ReplyDeleteScott! You look great! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete