Pages


Monday, November 15, 2010

Kina can write her name!

Kina writing her name
Well Kina is now a month and a half from turning four. I came home from work and she was so excited to show me that she could spell her name.  She spelled it and wrote it in all capital letters.  She sounded out each letter as she did it.  She was so proud to show her Daddy that she could write her name!  Every night before bed her and I pick a little book from her nursery rhyme collection.  She loves to try to memorize them.  It only takes her about 2-3 times through it and then she shows me as she turns the pages.  She pretends to read it pointing at the words as she recites it from memory.


Gabby @ 22-1/2 weeks Pregnant!!!!
 I can't believe how good Gabby is doing with pregnancy number three.  She is an amazing mother and wife.  She is trying to stay in shape as the pregnancy goes on and is doing excellent.  She runs 3 miles per day 4-5 days per week.  When we went in last to check the baby the doctor said that the baby is way down in Gabby's pelvis.  I guess this is why the baby bump is not so big like you would imagine.  I love how Gabby is so good at teaching the girls at home.  She spends hours of her day doing puzzles with Kina and Mila, teaching them to read and write. This gives me time to be the "Tickle Monster" at night. This is one of my favorite parts of the day.... TICKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kina 3 years and 22 months old
I love to watch Kina and Mila grow up and see their personalities change and mold.  Mila loves to be just like her sister.  We were taking pictures just the other day and she tryed to imitate Kinas pose (as you can see in the pictures)  Then they took a picture together and it was cute to watch Mila try to put her hands and everything else in the same position as her big sister.  They are getting so excited to be big sisters together.  Mila always has a baby with her and is sharing her sippy with her baby.  Kina has been helping me change Milas diaper before bed and says that she will help with the baby when the baby comes.
Mila 1 year 21 months( Imitating Kina)
 Well this weekend was a really busy one!  Gabby worked Friday night and the girls and I got to bed early around 9:00pm.  I was really worn out from my first week of P90x.  There are a bunch of my friends and family doing the program with me.  We woke up Saturday morning and went to Grandma Joys house.  The girls visited and played with Grandma as I changed the oil in the Pilot and the Civic.  As always Grandma made us pancakes with bananas and yogurt cooked into them.  This may sound odd but they are delicious!  After this the girls headed to the library and I was assigned to put up Christmas lights.  I was not opposed to this because last year I did this and it was -12 degrees outside.  Everything went well and I was done within an hour!  This year we bought the gutter and shingle clips.  This saved us so much time over how we hung them last year.  I have made a rule that we cannot have them on until after Thanksgiving!
Daddy putting up Christmas lights!

It was cold but not as bad as last year!
Later that day I worked out in the basement while Mila took her nap.  When I got done we went over to Mama Liesters house to watch some UFC fights with the Perez and the Liesters.  They are GREAT friends and we love to be around them.  Sometimes we think it would be nice to live closer to them.  Kina talks non-stop about Christian and loves to play with the Perez girls. 
Sunday was good as always.  We had my parents over for a Elk roast we had cooked in the crock Pot all day.  We had brownies and hung out for awhile.  We put in the movie "Letters to God" and all had our cry session for the next hour and a half.  I love that movie.  I love how Tyler is more concerned with other people and their lives in his letters to God than he is for himself.  He is dying from a Brain Cancer and is only 10 years old.  He helps people see that they can look to God for help. "Its like a text message to your best friend", he says.  It's a really great movie and I recommend it to everyone.  Hopefully we could all be a little more like Tyler.
Mommy, Mila, and Kina after Church cuddles

No comments:

Post a Comment